Customer Logistics Managers, are you innovative, agile, enjoy a challenging work environment, interested in professional/person development and developing others?
Would you like to work for a company whose culture fosters growth and opportunity from within?
How about the opportunity to work with a diverse group of fortune 500 clients and getting to see the impact of your hard work?
If so, this is the career move you’ve been looking for!
The Customer Logistics Manager will be the front line supervisor to the drivers and anything that happens in the field. You will be the first one to be engaged with the drivers while simultaneously driving business excellence through quality metrics. You’ll be energized by leading, gaining buy in and support from your driver as well as your leadership team.
You must be comfortable with fast paced changes and adapt to a rapidly changing client needs. Consistently monitor driver performance to effectively coach and influence driver performance. With winning comes additional autonomy to make additional impact on the client and your organizations bottom end. You thrive in a culture where you are responsible for driving safety, performance, innovation, success and are most comfortable being responsible for each of them.
This is a high growth opportunity. With a solid track record will you have to opportunity to move into more senior management roles and beyond. You will have very strong people management skills and drive performance through KPI’s and process improvements.
• Communicate daily/shift goal of facility and group(s); devise, communicate and implement plans to obtain operational goals; work with and motivate employees to ensure goal achievement; provide progress or constraint updates to management and implement corrective measures as needed
• Provide leadership for employees through in depth training and continuous review of employee understanding of policies, procedures and processes; create a productive work environment through effective communication, coaching, motivating and leading by example
• Identify and/or solve operational issues with the account(s) by implementing continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, to strengthen team unity, goals, productivity and results
• Hire, train and supervise Leads, Customer Logistics Supervisors (CLS), and/or hourly employees in the assigned work group(s)
• Support and aid in the development of system and process training for employees in the work group(s); perform administrative functions to include tracking of time, attendance and performance feedback
• Instruct and enforce location safety management plans, training and processes
• Assign employees to individual tasks and ensure required tools are available
• Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.