Full time dispatch position in a fast paced third party logistics environment. Individual will be responsible for arranging lanes for 10+ drivers on various shifts.
Monday to Friday operation with 1 Weekend Day per Month (Saturday or Sunday toward the end of the month - customer volume increases).
Route 10+ lanes in the New England and Mid-Atlantic states
Responsible for maintenance of daily order spreadsheet
Heavy emphasis on customer service functions
Work close with warehouse personnel
Other various office functions
• Create/maintain daily dock schedules; communicate with carriers regarding setting appointments and updating load statuses
• Interact with the customer to communicate order changes and updates
• Interact with customer and contractors - answering questions regarding shipment times, product cuts, loads not picked up by the carrier, and damage claims
• Work closely with the inventory department and on-site personnel to resolve and problems with the day's orders
• Provide tactical front line support for all command center activities at the account level and after hours support via cell phone and remote access as required
• Process Small Package in Warehouse Management System
• Perform admin tasks for area or shift. Maintains filing systems and documents per Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
• Assist in supporting standard facility Key Performance Indicators (KPI) which consistently meet/exceed established goals in safety, quality, sanitation and maintenance
• Maintain various Excel spreadsheets and reports. Execute analysis and data preparation in support load leveling
• Provide all support function activity including accuracy and timeliness of data processing, reporting, analysis, and all other customer specific inquiries
• Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.