The Director Business Development (DBD) is responsible for leading the pursuit of new business and expansion/renewal business as applicable. A successful DBD will coordinate the complete sales cycle process including lead generation and prospect qualification, and lead the cross-functional pursuit team by providing clear direction on deal strategy: pricing, service, value proposition and presentation message and medium. The focus for this position is on new sales contracts, team selling, and solution selling.
Financial Impact: Secure and exceed annual quota objectives assigned by Sales leader yearly; maximize revenue growth with customers and prospects, and achieve strategic account objectives.
• Lead the development and management of strategic account plans
• Lead the deal pursuit team: create deal strategy, including pursuit plan, pricing strategy and proposal plan of attack
• Prospect new accounts
• Administer pipeline and maintain sales pipeline data accurately in sales system
• Deal closing and contract negotiation
• Achieve sales quota:
Focus in one vertical/business unit – can work other deals at sales leader’s discretion
Understand how Ryder’s solutions can be customized to meet customer’s needs
Transition new accounts to combo after 24 months unless otherwise decided by Sales and Operations management; transition new business to Director of Key Accounts to further develop after 24 months unless otherwise decided by Sales & Operations management
• Adhere to Ryder’s policies and procedures including Travel and Expense Policy
• Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.