- Effective facilitation and execution of Value Stream Maps & Kaizen Events through all stages (A3 charter ideation / creation, pre-work identification and completion, delivery of results in Kaizen week, regular follow up and follow through on sustainment). Independently identifies process gaps, recommends and implements process improvement. Management of the lean transformational activities and projects at one large customer account or multiple customer accounts, directing the assessment, development, launch and continuous improvement activities related to specific business and day-to-day frontline associate interface and implementation of lean at the site
- Provide formal and informal training, coaching, mentoring to Ryder associates: must be able to translate Business System concepts to local situations and help individuals and teams progress in understanding and correct application for sustainable business improvements. Assisting and/or leading the execution of Lean Assessments. Coach process owners how to use engineering and Lean methods to achieve operational excellence. Support business start-ups, retrofits and expansions including pricing inputs, go-live and steady state certifications. Oversee all functions related to quality assurance and processes for a start-up or expansion
- Supervise a team of continuous improvement engineering professionals, make employment decisions (hire, promote, coach, development) and performance management. Manages multiple and complex Supply Chain projects. Regularly interacts with Senior Management and/or customer
- Lead the development and execution of strategy blueprinting, scorecarding and key performance indicator action plans. Establishes and implements performance measures. Provide regular reports of data and actions to measure progress against the site objectives. Work with site leadership to conduct assessments of critical site and business needs. Actively partnering with process owners to ensure results delivered / future state achieved and ability to connect the dots in the Operations function and ensure business priorities come first. Establish agenda and frequency and lead the regular Management Review meetings. Develop a thorough effective and timely continuous improvement plan to address the top business needs at Ryder sites (transformation plan development and execution). Drive process improvement activities to achieve dramatic improvement in the key business metrics of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and employee development
- Develop advanced competency in wide range of engineering methods, Lean tools, and quality standards and coaches employees in the use and implementation of CI, Quality Assurance, & Lean principles. Applies company methodologies and tools and engineering methodologies/tools such as product slotting, studying labor standards (time studies), layouts and optimization of flow, data profiling and analysis, and resource modeling to improve distribution and/or transportation operations. Provide regular reports of data and actions to measure progress against the site objectives. Makes Inventory and/or Supply Chain strategy recommendations
- Serve as the business owner, establish and regulate the standards for Quality Management Systems based on company and/or industry standards. Oversee internal auditing to ensure regulatory compliance and certification. Facilitate regular Performance Reviews with operations leadership and monitor metrics. Develop/implement strategy to manage scope and meet customer expectations. Manage the design, implementation, monitoring and maintenance of the QMS based on established company and/or industry standards. Implement and monitor a standardized corrective action system Support regulatory compliance and certification requirements
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.