- Train site leadership and other key personnel on Ryder Lean Guiding Principles concepts and Lean Transformational Processes in concert with the Supply Chain Solutions deployment strategy, and develop shop floor experts capable of driving Lean in their areas. Coach and mentor others on Lean so it becomes engrained in Ryder's culture. Mentor Lean on-site managers through Lean certifications.
- Work with site leadership to conduct assessments of critical site and business needs.
- Develop a thorough, effective and timely continuous improvement plan to address the top business needs at Ryder sites.
- Facilitate VSM's, Lead Kaizen events, Lean projects and other activities that execute the site Lean transformational improvement plan.
- Coach and mentor the implementation of MDI and RCCM processes and Provide regular reports of data and actions to measure progress against site objectives and remove barriers to deployment of continuous improvement plan.
- Work with site leadership to update and re-prioritize the plan to maintain focus on the most critical site objectives. Provide support and guidance on more complex, or high visibility Lean projects.
- Multi-location over-site on Lean implementations.
- Manages direct reports and reaches decisions under conditions of uncertainty. Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Regularly interacts with Senior Management and/or customer.
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.