- Effective facilitation and execution of Value Stream Maps & Kaizen Events through all stages (A3 charter ideation / creation, pre-work identification and completion, delivery of results in Kaizen week, regular follow up and follow through on sustainment). Independently identifies process gaps, recommends and implements process improvement. Management of the lean transformational activities and projects at one large customer account or multiple customer accounts, directing the assessment, development, launch and continuous improvement activities related to specific business and day-to-day frontline associate interface and implementation of lean at the site. Coach process owners how to use engineering and Lean methods to achieve operational excellence
- Collects data and performs statistical analysis. Maps and documents processes. Independently identifies process gaps; recommends and implements process improvement. Works on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Develops a thorough, effective, and timely continuous improvement plan to address the top business needs at Ryder sites (transformation plan development and execution). Drives process improvement activities to achieve dramatic improvement in the key business metrics of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and employee development
- Develop advanced competency in wide range of engineering methods, Lean tools, and quality standards and coaches employees in the use and implementation of CI, Quality Assurance, & Lean principles. Applies company methodologies and tools, engineering methodologies/tools such as product slotting, studying labor standards (time studies), layouts and optimization of flow, data profiling and analysis, and resource modeling to improve distribution and/or transportation operations. Provide regular reports of data and actions to measure progress against the site objectives. Makes Inventory and/or Supply Chain strategy recommendations
- Completes event planning, perform pre-work, facilitates teams and supports events (includes; start-ups, expansion & closure). Follow-up on events and audit compliance to lean plans to prevent backsliding. Supports continuous improvement deployment using fundamentals of lean. Completes CI projects that lead to improved business results. Assesses CI initiatives and provides input and recommendations on future activities. Assisting and/or leading the execution of Lean Assessments
- Design, implement, monitor and maintain the QMS based on established company and/or industry standards. Implement and monitor a standardized corrective action system. Support regulatory compliance and certification requirements. Perform all functions related to Quality Assurance for a start-up or expansion
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.