The Senior Compliance Analyst will monitor and enforce Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) programs and provide operational leadership for HSE activities throughout a complex road transportation network servicing the oil and gas industry. This will include working with Ryder dedicated fleet resources and personnel as well as outside vendors.
Vacuum Truck and Fluid Hauling experience desired.
• Conduct fleet evaluations, gap analyses, inspections and audits aimed at determining compliance with regulatory standards (CSA) as well as Ryder’s HSE standards; this primarily involves on-site review of fleet operations at terminals and during on-road and in-field operations
• Conduct effective in-field inspections, observations and interventions associated with bulk fluid management and transportation
• Analyze trends, develop and present reports to Ryder, customer and contractor management
• Develop and implement plans and processes to improve HSE performance
• Interface with regulatory agencies and customer HSE personnel regarding compliance issues, safety concerns and incident resolutions
• Educate all employees regarding Captain of the Ship/Stop Work processes; investigate and resolve all Stop Work incidents; share knowledge learned from each event with all affected parties, both internal and 3rd party
• Provide time-sensitive, on-site response to serious HSE incidents; develop reports and oversee implementation of corrective actions to prevent recurrence
• Monitor in-field HSE activities and manage compliance with DOT, OSHA and Ryder standards
• Develop positive working relationships with fleet and vendor management aimed at creating effective and efficient solutions to HSE challenges, and improving alignment with Ryder HSE goals and standards
• Prepare and deliver reports on HSE programs and KPI results to Ryder leadership
• Develop and deliver HSE training programs to all levels of fleet and vendor personnel, with emphasis on HSE orientation, load securement, and hazard identification
• Conduct/coordinate incident investigations including Root Cause Analysis, and identification and implementation of effective countermeasures; manage implementation of countermeasures by all affected parties
• Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.