- Follow-up all purchased parts to ensure shipment and on-time delivery performance to support production requirements
- Serve as main point of contact for all suppliers; provide direction to suppliers regarding ship schedule requirements and containment plan when behind schedule; includes decision making on timing for supplier ship schedules - allowing them to push material out, pull ahead, and expedite material as needed, based on inventory coverage at plant
- Track critical parts and develop/execute containment plan to ensure no interruptions or down time to manufacturing line, inclusive of decision making on mode and required delivery window to ensure continuity of production
- Coordinate and/or arrange for alternative sources of material, requests for spot buys, if necessary (SPO and other GM Plants); independent monitoring, set-up, and cancellation of truck loads for material pick-up, as necessary to support schedule variations; ensure proper material coverage at lowest possible cost for customer
- Review part buffers to determine that they cover build requirements(metal centers and powertrain); document and manage S and AV code exceptions (assembly plants), including alarm interval maintenancel determine root-cause and take appropriate action
MGO data maintenance; maintain accurate inventory levels in MGO, making appropriate adjustments where necessary; make judgments on posting inventory adjustments based on investigation and analysis; and investigate and process any record adjustment requests from the previous shift
- Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.