- Direct the claim processing teams (following Ryder, supplier and regulatory guidelines), toward the end goal of recovering all costs (nominally $60MM annually) related to premature failure of vehicles and components. Provide leadership to the entire Warranty organization establishing proper metrics for all aspects of the organization and providing regular feedback on performance through daily or weekly meetings with key individuals
- Interface with vendors and suppliers. Actively participate in meetings with vendors to negotiate warranty coverage, policy settlements or developing plans to resolve maintenance issues. Develop and retain supplier product knowledge. Participate in OEM technical reviews
- Utilize warranty coverage and product knowledge to provide support to the Field organization for internal repairs as well as dealer repair warranty questions. Know SMO functions and behaviors affecting warranty. Know capabilities and functions of Vehicle Specifications and RIDE systems. Provide support to Senior Leaders, Operations VPs and Directors, Maintenance Staff, BU and Branch operations managers
- Collaborate with Reliability Engineering, Ryder Maintenance Technical, Supply Management and Training department to drive improved maintenance practices and warranty recovery
- Direct the warranty systems team to ensure smooth operations of the production systems; to validate that there are no issues with inbound data or communications with the shops
- Direct and indirect supervision of up to 60 employees
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.