This Customer Logistics Supervisor trainee position will be responsible for ensuring that productivity and operational goals are met in order to deliver outstanding customer service. Individuals will be working in a dynamic environment that focuses on delivering continuous measurable improvement to the customer.
Position may be dedicated to one or more specific customers with KPI P&L responsibilities. Development program lasts approximately 12-18 months that build knowledge, experience, and exposure through time. Incumbents will have a variety of responsibilities which will include: leading people to enable a strong workforce who will problem solve for customer’s unique challenges, driving continuous improvement, and implementing safety initiatives. Additional responsibilities may include: budgetary exposure, actively working on Scorecard metrics for root cause analysis, and high customer interaction.
Relocation within the region/US at the conclusion of the program required.
• Perform administrative functions of supervising such as: scheduling, tracking of time, and attendance and performance feedback
• Develop strong customer relationships by providing quality customer interface; proactive customer management; issue resolution; and customer satisfaction, by ensuring customer expectations are met
• On-board and train new employees to complement a winning team; ensure understanding of expectations and Ryder’s commitment to them; and continuous employee relations and issue resolution
• Understand Key Performance Indicators and develop strategies to drive goal attainment through continuous improvement
• Ensure employees have adequate equipment and tools to perform their assignments
• Understand and maintain a safe environment; safety management, training recognition, and reporting
• Maintain compliance with company, local, state, federal and other regulatory agencies
• Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.