The Warehouse Manager 2nd Shift is responsible for the operational function(s) of assigned work group(s) in a logistics operation. The Warehouse Manager 2nd Shift provides direct supervision of employees, ensures compliance with company and location policies, procedures and work instructions in order to provide a safe and productive work environment, optimum customer service and accurate records.
The Warehouse Manager 2nd Shift may interact with carriers and/or customers depending on the complexity and scope of the organization. All work is subject to review by the Logistics Manager, Senior Logisitics Manager and Ryder Corporate Process Owners such as Finance, Human Resources, Safety, etc., as error could result in customer dissatisfaction, loss of profit, safety or security incidents.
• Communicate daily/shift goal of facility and group(s); devise, communicate and implement plans to obtain operational goals; work with and motivate employees to ensure goal achievement; provide progress or constraint updates to management and implement corrective measures as needed
• Provide leadership for employees through in depth training and continuous review of employee understanding of policies, procedures and processes; create a productive work environment through effective communication, coaching, motivating and leading by example
• Identify and/or solve operational issues with the account(s) by implementing continuous improvement and LEAN initiatives, to strengthen team unity, goals, productivity and results
• Hire, train and supervise Leads, Customer Logistics Supervisors (CLS), and/or hourly employees in the assigned work group(s)
• Support and aid in the development of system and process training for employees in the work group(s); perform administrative functions to include tracking of time, attendance and performance feedback
• Instruct and enforce location safety management plans, training and processes
• Assign employees to individual tasks and ensure required tools are available
• Perform other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.