The Environmental Analyst serves a critical role between the Corporate environmental energy and compliance management program and cost savings activities at Ryder field operations. This role is also important to reinforce awareness with field personnel for day to day Environmental Compliance issues of the Company. This position assists in supporting and implementing Ryder's environmental compliance audits throughout the organization and managing both new and existing natural gas incentive grant applications. The incumbent supports the department director and managers in developing compliance awareness communications related to energy efficiency initiatives; environmental compliance programs; and providing administrative support to update environmental policies and procedures within the Corporate Environmental Policy & Control compliance manual.
• Research alternative energy and natural gas rebate programs based on pre-identified priority areas, prepare reports based on client field group needs related to energy and compliance related environmental company policy matters
• Assist in handling environmental energy and utility programs and perform compliance monitoring tasks required to reduce Ryder's liability and costs resulting from regulatory enforcement actions by tracking violations, follow-up and regulatory responses
• Review and follow-up on regulatory violations to ensure all corrective actions completed; review violation findings and notes for completeness
• Monitor and coordinate various tasks related to government grant incentives for natural gas and energy conservation
• Build strong business partner alliances among Field Operations to ensure that the Company complies with environmental laws and policies
• Prepare compliance reports/communications - provide field-based FMS employees with quick and easy access to Company-mandated environmental policies, procedures, forms, and related materials in easy-to-understand and consistent formatting
• Interview field-based employees or, when appropriate, coordinate with other Environmental and Ryder team members in preparing reports; work with Group Director and ES Field Services group to perform trend analysis on regulatory inspections and recommend training and policy program changes as needed; report inspection findings based on location, nature of violation and the resolution
• Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.