- Work with key members of various departments to determine the definitions of essential data elements
- Data Warehousing theory and techniques
- ETL techniques, including the development of staging areas, recoveries, data cleansing, fact and dimension tables, slowly changing dimensions, conformations, and the use of surrogate vs. natural keys.
- Advanced SQL d. That the end user is the primary reason for the technology, and therefore strives for full customer satisfaction
- Develop robust and precise ETL routines to load the Data Warehouse from various sources
- Designs and writes the scripts required to extract, transform, load (ETL), clean, and move data and metadata so it can be loaded into a data warehouse, data mart, or data store
- Works with the Business Intelligence Analyst to identify and understand source systems to meet business requirements
- Maps source system data to data warehouse models
- Develops and tests for extraction, transformation, and load ETL processes
- Defines and captures metadata and rules associated with ETL processes
- Adapts ETL processes to accommodate changes in source systems and new business user requirements
- Responsible for troubleshooting ETL job failures during regular business and after hours
- Responsible for developing custom scripts to support ETL and other special needs
- Will act individually or as a member of a project team to formulate business requirements and providing solutions design
- Will be joint responsible for the success of the EDW/Business Intelligence solution by working together with the other team members
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.